Thursday, June 17, 2010

Birthday

Today is The Ex's girlfriend's birthday.

She's 41 or 42. (Ha, ha, I'm 10 years younger.)

For some reason I feel sad about this. I just imagine The Ex doing all these great things for her, making her day special. For my birthday last year he gave me a present that he gave to his mom some years ago, asked for it back, then gave it to me. Essentially, I got a used present. He did, however, pick up a cake for me, but it wasn't what I would have picked for myself. I guess I have to at least give him credit for that. The year before he got mad at me for taking a day off of work, to go to my surprise party. He knew about it, but I guess had forgotten. So when I told him I was taking the day off to go to this thing (I forget what the cover up thing was), he told me that I should work and not loose out on the day of pay.

Anyway...I can picture him being the best boyfriend to his girlfriend. He also has our son tonight. So I guess he'll be celebrating with them as well. I just don't like it.

I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. I wish he could have been a better husband to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment