Saturday, June 12, 2010

Short Day

Yesterday I got a text from The Ex saying that he was going to have to drop the baby off at 1 today. He normally keeps him until 3 on Saturdays. I said fine.

At 11:24, today, he called and asked if I could pick up the baby earlier. (I'm being exact about the times because I'm saving all of his. I'm not just being anal.) He was going to a wedding and had a lot of running around to do. I said I could probably be there at 12:30. (He wanted me to go get him right then when he called.) I was at the mall, enjoying my morning. A friend was meeting me there, so I had to wait for her to show up. So, I ended up leaving the mall at 12:29. I sent him a text saying I was leaving the mall then and I was sorry that I was going to be late.

He sent me this text: You might of text me alot earlier. I dragged the baby out in the heat. Now we have to wait. What the hell are you thinking.meet me at walgreens then Text me when you get there.

Hmmm...This is what I did....Nothing. I drove there, text him at 12:46, when I got there. He was already there. He was so mad at me.

This is what I wanted to do...Write him a text back that said: I have never been late, this was the first time. I have had to wait a handful of times when you have been late. One time it was over 15 minutes.
But, like I said, I didn't say that.

Let me also add this...I looked at my iPhone to see the temperature when I got there. It was 80 degrees. What the hell does he mean he had to "drag the baby out in the heat." Um, 80 degrees is nothing.

Yes, I should have sent him a text earlier, but I thought I was going to make it out in time. AND...I was doing him a favor in getting him early. So what if I was 15 minutes late, I was still getting the baby 2 hours and 15 minutes EARLY! Duh!

But, the best part of this...I didn't stay mad at him. I didn't engage in his anger, and I was able to let go of his rude behavior quickly.

Could I be learning?!

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for you!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I got pissed reading about ladoucche's text to you, but I have to say you handled it so appropriately. Save the text he sent, and drop him from your mind. You have learned a lot through this experience, and you are handling things so right. I hope your day ended well.

    ReplyDelete