Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yes, I Dared to Laugh

The Ex told me on Thursday that he couldn't pick up the baby on Saturday. He said he was moving things out of his storage, but of course still didn't say to his girlfriend's house. Guess he thinks I'm that stupid and can't figure it out.

Anyway, I had a feeling he'd change his mind about today, and he did.

He called me last night around 7:30pm. He asked if I had made plans with the baby. I told him nothing that would prevent him from taking the baby, if that's why he was calling. He asked if he could get the baby, that he wasn't moving his stuff out of storage. He then said that we'd be meeting at Walmart, which is halfway between his mom's and my house. This means that he stayed at his mom's house last night. And, sure enough, when he picked up the baby this morning, he came from the direction of his mom's.

Dare I think that there might be trouble in paradise?

Here's the best part.

When he pulled up, the baby was sitting on my lap, in my car. (Car was turned off.) I said to the baby, "Wanna go see daddy?" To which my 19 month old son shook his head no. What did I do? I laughed. (My bad.) And then said, "Yes you do!" I made sure my voice was happy, as to encourage him.

My passenger side window happened to be down, and The Ex heard me laugh. He asked why I laughed and I just said, "because of something the baby did." While I was getting the baby's bag out of the car, The Ex said, "You asked him if he wanted to see his dad and he shook his head no." I said, "You saw that?" Then I told him how I told the baby that he, did, in fact want to see his daddy. I then gave the baby a kiss, told him to have fun, got in my car and drove off.

I then got a series of text messages. (Again, cut and pasting, so you see all the spelling/grammar errors.)

Him- The things you find funny are pretty messed up. You enjoy anything that causes me pain. Thats why i cant stand the sight of you.

Me- I forgot to tell you that I don't have any bags for his dirty diapers, so I put a target bag in the backpack.

Him- You still make me sick

Me-I hope you and the baby have a good day today.

Him- Nice one.Are you happy that he said that he didnt want to go with me today.Doesnt that just make your day. Why dont you go blog about it and celebrate your hate

At this point I decided to be the bigger person. I figured I would be pissed he if did something like this to me, so I decided I would apologize.

Me- And you're right, I shouldn't have laughed. It caught me off guard, and that's the first time he's ever done that. I told him that he does want to go see daddy. He's a baby, he doesn't know what he wants. So whatever you're going through today don't take it out on me. I encouraged him. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I'm sorry I laughed. Do not pass judgement on me, though.

Him- Alright. But it just meshes together with all the other crap you guys said about me. Still not ok with you or your friends. So dont think my anger goes away Over night. Because anytime you do something that appears remotly cruel im probably going to get upset right now

Uh, yeah. I had no idea what to say to him at this point, so I didn't say anything. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go about my life watching what I say because I'm afraid he's going to think I'm being cruel. Because, really, he'll think that no matter what. He can find fault in anything I do. I cannot control how he feels about me. He's just going to have to get happy in the same pants he got mad in.

Oh, and I make him sick?!!!! Well, buddy, I guess we're even then. Puh-leeze.

Through all this, I'm not really that upset with him. This is who he is. At this point, I don't expect anything nice from him. For whatever reason he's chosen to act out towards me this morning, fine. He's crazy if he thinks I'm going to sit and argue with him all day. If he's trying to ruin my day, sorry, it's not happening. Sounds like he's going through something with his girlfriend, and taking it out on me. Maybe that's why I'm happy, because I know he's suffering.

Guess that does make me the evil person he thinks I am. And you know what? I'm okay with that.

Oh, and about 20 minutes ago he sent me another text that said, "I'm sorry." Whatever.
I didn't reply back.

1 comment:

  1. What a douche. I say this alot but it still rings true. I think you handled things well. I am so sorry that everything becomes a hate fest with him.

    ReplyDelete