Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wake up call.

This morning (at 6:30 am, before my alarm went off) I got a text message from The Ex. He sent me the address to his girlfriend's house.

Point Ms. Doe.

Turns out, it was the same address that I had found on my own. So, this means that The Ex has lied to me. He told me that she did not live there. This also means that we are meeting way closer to her place than to mine. Tomorrow that will change. If I'm always driving over there, he can drive over here closer to me. He is such a liar! It's almost as if everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

I have no idea if he's living there, but I know that he's there quite often. We're meeting by his girlfriend's house every time. (And he's there all weekend, and yesterday he went there after work and changed.) This tells me that he's there all the time, which is why I felt like I needed to have her address. I had no idea where he was taking our son. And he's there every time he takes the baby on his days. So shouldn't I have the address? Not to mention, the custody papers say that I should.

Anyway...

I then get the next text message from The Ex. (I copied and pasted it, so what you see is exactly what he typed.)

"Can i ask? Are you planning on going back to work or school?"

I then remembered the advice my therapist gave me before I offer information to him (and people like him). She said to ask questions, be vague, and set boundaries. So, I replied back with a question.

"Why are you curious?"

The Ex- "Because financially it hurts me the longer you remain unemployed. I dont mind doing my part i have 2. But i feel taken advantage of financially
I believe it is a valid concern and question. I do have a right a ask only because your actions or lack of, is affecting my pocket book"

Me- "Wether or not I have a job doesn't affect you financially. The child support amount would be the same either way. And you're always responsible for half of the dr bills, that doesn't change either. So I'm not sure how it effects you financially."

The Ex- "Eventually i will have to pay more if you choose not to work.Our contract is 4 one year only.i hope u go back 2 work 1 day because our son deserves better"

Me- "What we have in writing is not for just one year, it's until one of us goes back to court to change it."

The Ex- "Well i do plan on going back in one year to get half the rights to my son, which i deserve.plus more time with him and over nights
Im not trying 2 b mean.just like u have concerns and your always expressing them 2 me.well i have a few my self.and i have a right 2 ask"

First off, what the hell is he talking about? Why in the world does he think that he's being taken advantage of financially? I don't ask him for money. He only pays child support, and half of our son's dr bills. He also pay for our son on his insurance. (And my daughter and myself until we are divorced.) Other than that...He's in no way financially responsible for me. So, I have no idea what he's talking about.

Secondly, our son deserves better?! How dare he say that to me! Yeah, because going to work full time is better to our son, than me being with him all day. Um, if I work full time, our son will have to be in a daycare or at a babysitter. So, um, yeah, that's way better for him.

Finally, I knew that he was going to take me back to court. I hate thinking about when that day will come. This kinda goes along with what I was saying yesterday. I guess I'm going to have to do the best I can and not worry about it. All I can do is keep track of all of his b.s., and hope for the best when the time comes. (Easier said than done, that's for sure.)

Sigh.

Well, I never answered his original question. Obviously I will have to get a job. I can't live with my grandparents forever, and I have bills to pay. It's just that I don't feel that he needs to worry about stuff like that. I'm none of his concern anymore.

I hate that he ruined my morning. Jerk-off.

1 comment:

  1. blah is what I think of him! You are right not to worry about court. All you can do is document your concerns and take them to court when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete